Welcome to BookBlast® a catalyst for publishing
• BookBlast® is a London-based agency for editors and translators which grew out of BookBlast® originally being an authors’ agency. A team of editors, translators and consultants with decades of experience behind them share their skills and a passion for good writing, providing the best possible service to publishing and writing professionals, and partners. We can deliver high-value projects on time and on budget.
• As well as our core editorial and translation services, online journal The BookBlast® Diary showcases independent trade publishing and writing from France.
• We also manage several literary estates. A selection of titles by 1950s literary bohemians Lesley Blanch & Gael Elton Mayo are available from BookBlast® ePublishing.
• Self-published authors wanting to access high street book chains can check out Ingram Spark's special
service for indie authors.
• Guidelines on how to find a literary agent, courtesy of the Writers & Artists Yearbook, can be found HERE.
The BookBlast® Diary | indulgent reads for independent minds
The BookBlast® celebration of independent publishing was kicked off in 2016 by Georgia de Chamberet via online journal The BookBlast® Diary. Her idea was to showcase daring, risk-taking publishers who fill a unique niche discovering talent, publishing authentic and offbeat books which add value to the cultural landscape. Why does independence matter?
Meet the Indies!
We celebrate the creativity, enthusiasm and value of independent publishers by showcasing some of the finest independent-spirited literature and poetry being published today. Meet the people who make good books happen...
Browse for books produced by independent publishers...
The books published by risk-taking, innovative independent publishers convey the ideas and richness of contemporary literary life. They encourage people to encounter newly-discovered writers from a multitude of cultural backgrounds. Browse for books...
Meet the authors…
Meet the independent-spirited authors behind some of the most electrifying prose and poetry being created today. Discover great writers...
Meet the translators...
Meet the literary translators who enable us to learn about other cultures. Their translations reflect the values, ideas and thoughts of not only the author, but of a whole community. Without translation, we are deprived of other cultures and their accumulated wisdom and knowledge.
Travel the world from the comfort of your armchair...
BookBlasts® | Top 10 Reads for Independent Minds
2017: July | August |
September | October | November | December
2018: January | February | March | April |
May | June
Our feature reviews are a long read, giving a fulsome flavour of a variety of fiction and non fiction, children's books and classics found or remembered on our travels around literary London and Paris.
The BookBlast® Interview
A thirty-year career in independent publishing is underpinned by passion, tenacity and inspiration. The innovators with big ideas behind the trends subsequently picked up by the mainstream are what make the publishing world go round.
Meet the movers and shakers...
The French Connection
Here at BookBlast® we are unashamedly Francophone, bringing you top French reads, interviews and
Gallic literary flair from across the Channel...
A selection of journalism from the BookBlast® archive written by Lesley Blanch & Gael Elton Mayo bring to life 1950s bohemian literary life as it really was, as opposed to being imagined in a novel.
The copyright to all contents of this site is held either by BookBlast® or by the individual authors, and none of the material may be used elsewhere without written permission. Any enquiries, contact us.