BookBlast Ltd is a London-based writers' agency which handles non-fiction — memoir, travel, popular culture, cross-cultural writing — commission: home 12% overseas & radio 20% TV, film & electronic 30%
Film, TV and radio rights mainly sold in works by existing clients. We do not represent screen writers for Film & TV and stage plays, or children's books. Editorial advice given to own authors. Initiates in-house projects. No reading fee.
Not taking on new clients or looking at new material for the time being.
Currently managing a couple of Literary Estates. Other services include – editing and translating work for publishers & agents; writing website content; market-aware manuscript assessment, (structure, style, character). Reports (French titles) for PEN Translates!
BookBlast also offers translation consultancy and literary PR services at affordable rates.
Permission to use copyright material -
All requests for permission to use copyright material should contain the following information:
* Name and address of applicant/author/publisher;
* Full details of material to be reproduced including a word count;
* Title of book, article etc (material in which extract in question appears);
* Reason for permission (please be specific);
* For illustrations and photographs a copy of the image in question is to be supplied;
* Publisher / Title / Price / expected date of publication / estimated first print-run of book / format; ( e.g. hardback, paperback, book club, electronic etc);
* Proposed fee.
Requests should be submitted by email to